Quick Updates from the Board - March 20, 2015
1. New locks on lower courts.
- due to recent vandalism on the lower courts, the board has just installed temporary padlocks
- the code for the padlock is 0317 (think St. Patrick's Day as an easy reminder). Please note that you have to squeeze down on the lock to release. Do not share this combination with non-homeowners.
- if you see suspicious activity please call 911. Money spent on vandalism repairs is money out of everyone's pocket! That means less money for other enhancements/activities.
2. Sharon Springs City Update
- I traded email messages this week with Mike Dudgeon, our State Representative that is sponsoring the Sharon Springs initiative. He said they will adjust the final boundaries of the City will include all of Shiloh Farms.
- I urge everyone to review their website to understand the pros/cons of cityhood; and to express your opinion to Representative Dudgeon.
- Here is the link to their recently updated website: http://www.sharonspringsga.org/
3. Next Board Meeting is Monday, March 23 at 7pm at the Clubhouse
- if you cannot attend please check the website as we get closer, we will update with a conference call # if you wish participate virtually.
4. New poll
- In an effort to gain more feedback from homeowners, we now have poll functionality on the website.
- Please take a look (its on the right side of the homepage). Our first poll is around the Directory initiative.
5. Transition of new board
- Thanks again to Edison Fowler and Tony Helms for their recent time & effort on the board
- We appreciate their feedback and assistance as we transition in the new board
- This is a 100% volunteer driven effort, we need your help.
- Thanks so much for those that have recently volunteered
- We are looking for anyone who knows about motion cameras, motion lights
- We are also restarting the Welcome Committee
Have a great weekend everyone!
President - Shiloh Farms HOA
2015 Annual Meeting Debrief
I want to thank everyone for coming out to hear the presentation from the Sharon Springs Alliance, and participating (either in person or via proxy) in our annual meeting of the owners. Once again, we were able to reach a quorum, and were able to conduct our business (including the election of two new board members). Immediately after the annual meeting, the board met for its required organizational meeting and selected our officers for the year.
The 2015 Shiloh Farms Board of Directors:
• President - Steve Schmitt (Crofton) - Term ends in 2017
• Vice President - Joe Marroquin (Belmont) - Term ends in 2016
• Treasurer - Jason Lillis (Crofton) - Term ends in 2018
• Secretary - Sanjay Pankhania (Belmont) - Term ends in 2018
• Member at Large - Jeff Johns (Belmont) - Term ends in 2016
We thank all the members for your patience and participation. Look for our meeting minutes and monthly financials up on the website. Or if you would like to attend a board meeting, we will next meet on Monday, March 23rd at 7pm at the Clubhouse. Let's have a safe, and enjoyable year.
Shiloh Farms Homeowners’ Association, Inc.
Starting on December 1, 2014, Shiloh Farms will transition to Community Management Associates, Inc as our new Agent and Property Manager.
Our property manager will be:
Please reach out to Carrie with any questions regarding the community:
- Clubhouse Rentals
- Issues with the property (cleanliness, vandalism, etc)
- Assessment Dues
- ACC matters (property modification requests, etc)
Shiloh Board of Directors
We are looking for volunteers to contribute ideas and be a part of the core group or participate on focused sub committees (pool, playground, tennis, clubhouse, social pavilion, green space, and future amenities). We hope this will give everyone a voice into the amenities and our neighborhood plans.
Our primary focus will be making recommendations to the HOA Board with short term and long term plans for maintenance, upkeep, and/or updates to the area amenities. Once the committee is formed, we will work with the HOA Board to develop a charter and set priorities which we will communicate with the neighborhood via email and the HOA website.
We are looking to have a broad cross-section of residents whose areas of interest cover all of the amenities mentioned above. If you would like to join the Committee, please send an email to the following:
Sanjay - UGAdog98@us.ibm.com
Steve - email@example.com
Thank you for considering to help play a part in Shiloh Farms future.